• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Internal Cage Plus Overhead Console

Nay

NAXJA Forum User
I’m going to be putting in an internal cage. I have the factory overhead console (digital display, overhead lights, sunglass holder, etc), which appears to be in the way. Anybody done a cage and kept the overhead console? It’s not a major thing, but I’d just as soon keep it if possible. If you kept it, some pics would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Nay

Nay said:
I’m going to be putting in an internal cage. I have the factory overhead console (digital display, overhead lights, sunglass holder, etc), which appears to be in the way. Anybody done a cage and kept the overhead console? It’s not a major thing, but I’d just as soon keep it if possible. If you kept it, some pics would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Nay

You could run 2 tubes parallel with the length of the jeep on either side of the console and then triangulate some tubes on each sides of those, but I think you'll gain some weight and loose some strength.
Billy

Back