• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SSR swamp tsl radials

Inisadow

NAXJA Forum User
Looking at new tires this summer and I am wondering if anyone has had any experiance with the SSR swamp radials. Specificly the 33x14.5x15r I want to stay with a radial because it is also a dd and I need the tires to maintain a good tread while in school. But I also want something fairly aggressive. I'll be running these on a dana44 rear locked and hp dana30(with 270 ujoints I think) front

i would just go with 33x12.5 SSR's. do you need that 14.00"? if you do, i would make some steering mods,cause they're a lot heavier...

What kinda wheeling do you want to do with them? I have a set of 35s and they are nice but the side walls scare me but in mud they are sweet. the 14s are going to play havoc on you hubs and ball joints and steering but the steering can be improved.

I run 33x12.5 and they are good offroad onroad they are ehhh. But I am getting some new tires and just bias TSL cause I tore the sidewall on the SSR's up pretty bad on the rocks and tore a few lugs all the way off. But mine isn't a dd anymore also so that made a big difference. I would go with the LTB or the TSL radials cause the SSR's are too damn expensive.
DIG IT!

k sounds good, may decide to go to a waggy 44 front axle too. wheeling would be mud, really loose/wet dirt, sand, some rock not much. And long distance road trips

I drive about 100miles a day on mine. but seriousely if I was you I would look into Trxus or other swampers I am not extremely happy with the SSR's just my opinion though.
DIG IT!

REDXJ4FUN said:
...I have a set of 35s and they are nice but the side walls scare me...

People might ask why you say that. Here's why, I did this on a log. I've seen more of these tires tear and get cut than all other tires put together. I would never buy or recommend these tires again.

tire.jpg

are these the SSRs in general tearing at the sidewall? That pretty much negates SSRs then.

Inisadow said:
are these the SSRs in general tearing at the sidewall? That pretty much negates SSRs then.

Yes, side wall..

I had a set of TSL radials, not the SSRs on my DD toyota, 33in flavor. I didnt wheel them much but the TSL tread pattern IMO will not ware well on the street. you will get high and low spots, that cuase more high and low spots. My rears would ware faseter with the locker so They would stay rather flat, so Id have to rotate them ALOT.

Now Im sporting MTRS on my Toyota DD. 35-1250R15 on a 10in rim, I would choose an 8in rim for wheelin but the 10in rim wares great on the street, these are waring perfectly side to side, and stay ballanced.

Id do TSL SX (mostly off road), IROCK bias (alot off road), or MTRs (DD).

I ran 33x10.5 Swamper Rads. for two years. They did wear pretty good. I dont' have a full time locker (ARB) so that helped them. I did rotate them quit a lot. I would still have them if the front one didn't get a bubble and blow out. I am going to get another set sometime this summer or BFG MT's in that same size. I'm running BFG AT's in that size now. Juice

Back