• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 Shifting Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwebb944t

NAXJA Forum User
Guys,

I am going nuts here, my symptoms are. The transmission either gets stuck in 1st or third gear, here is what I have done so far:

1. replaced the Throttle Position Sensor
2. removed and cleaned the Nuetral Safety Switch
3. Adjusted the TV cable per the Haynes manual
4. Unplugged the TCU and manualy shifted the truck, works perfect shifts between 1st and 3rd like it should.

This last one points me towards the Transmission Control Unit being bad. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Dan
91 Laredo

dwebb944t said:
Guys,

I am going nuts here, my symptoms are. The transmission either gets stuck in 1st or third gear, here is what I have done so far:

1. replaced the Throttle Position Sensor
2. removed and cleaned the Nuetral Safety Switch
3. Adjusted the TV cable per the Haynes manual
4. Unplugged the TCU and manualy shifted the truck, works perfect shifts between 1st and 3rd like it should.

This last one points me towards the Transmission Control Unit being bad. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Dan
91 Laredo

Did you check the FUSE to the TCU?

Seems like I remember seeing it just down the cable from the TCU, before it gets to the firewall. It is one of the new blade type fuses.

Unless there's something about your transmission that you haven't told us, this is an OEM technical question and doesn't have anything to do with modifications.

Please choose the most appropriate forum and post your questions on only one forum.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back