• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Odd sound from under the Driverside floor board

RedBull

NAXJA Forum User
Ok people, I have a 92 I6 4X4 stock. During the past few weeks there has been a noise from under the driverside during speeds about 50-65 mph. The noise does not happen all the time and have no idea where to start to look. There might be a little road rattle during this time, but can't really tell from the great road conditions in California. Any idea's where to look for this problem. The juices in the front Tranny and transfer case is going to be checked for problems. Wish I was not a newbie who is clueless!

RedBull said:
Ok people, I have a 92 I6 4X4 stock. During the past few weeks there has been a noise from under the driverside during speeds about 50-65 mph. The noise does not happen all the time and have no idea where to start to look. There might be a little road rattle during this time, but can't really tell from the great road conditions in California. Any idea's where to look for this problem. The juices in the front Tranny and transfer case is going to be checked for problems. Wish I was not a newbie who is clueless!
how does the tranny mount look? how does the linkage look? what about control arm bushings? what about shock bushings??

"how does the tranny mount look"
Does anyone have what a tranny mount looks like?
"how does the linkage look?" What linkage. I dont know what linkage is?
"what about control arm bushings?" bushings are good
"what about shock bushings??"
The shock bushing are new and in good shape

RedBull said:
"how does the tranny mount look"
Does anyone have what a tranny mount looks like?
"how does the linkage look?" What linkage. I dont know what linkage is?
"what about control arm bushings?" bushings are good
"what about shock bushings??"
The shock bushing are new and in good shape

Tranny mount is the big rubber piece that the transmission is sitting on, and it's between transmission and crossmember.
Linkage is what's on the driver side of the transfder case: lever and some other components that let you engage tcase into 4wd.

Back