• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Your Thoughts

Speed_racer

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been reading a lot of this Mod Tech Discussion Forum, and doing many searches.

But im wondering what everyones take is on this...

Im looking to make my XJ VERY streetable (long arm kit preferred) But I want it to perform well offroad.

I want 33" tires... Right now I have 6.25" lift (net) But it drives like SHIOT on the street b/c I have 3.5" RE Lca's, and stock UCA's.. needless to say, it sees offroad only....

So what Im looking to do is go long arm... But Im debating whether or not I should get a different lift, as in Springs and Leafs..

I heard theres a site that offers a long arm kit for right around $500, but that doesnt have a new crossmember, it welds to the frame rails right in front of the crossmember, which I think is better, b/c if you drop your xmember on the trail you dont drop your whole front suspension with it...

So should I just get a long arm kit and keep my RE 3.5" Superflex coils and leaf pack and Daystar Booster kit... Or should I go to say, 8" lift all around, with the long arms.. to clear 33's .... B/c right now, my 32's rub offroad at full stuff...

Whats everyone takes on how to get a very streetable XJ with 33" tires that performs awesome offroad?

My opinion: go long arm. with some nice flexy rear springs and about 5=6" of lift/and some trimming to fit 33s"

I'm running 5-5.5" on 31"s . Claytons LA kit, Rustys rear 4.5" with extended shackle. rs9000s set on 3 in front and 1 in rear. no sway bars. it rides sooo nice on the street and is great for other stuff too. it laughs at washboard roads here in AZ.

if i had the time i would have built the long arms so that they tuck up some more under the frame. this is my only complaint with the setup.

Back