• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re Bb

cjgasper

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking into getting a the Rubicon Express budget boost. If i get it I'm planning on upgrading the kit to the full length add a leaf. I was jsut wondering what anyon'es experiences are witht he full lenght add a leafs. They are listed at 2.5". I was wondering how much lift they actually give after they have settled out. Thanks.

I have it with short aals. I'd say 2" for certain. Over all I'm quite pleased other than that lift will give you inchitis!!! Do it and get it from Dirk at dpg off road He will beat anyone's price and he's a truly nice chap!

the short leaf gave my 87 a full 2" that has killed the tired springs and saged to 1" in a year...... but the full length gave my 99 3.5" initially and settled to an even 3" in the last 6 months.. if you do spacers in the front you will be a lil "a$$ high" unless you add another 3/4" spacer in the front...

mike

Just did the RE BB with full AAL. Nice set up, haven't had it settle in yet. Had the passenger side sage 3/4" after 2 weeks. Took it and flexed it with oil change ramps at opposite corners and it seems to have leveled back out.

Do a search, go to this link: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23199 or go to: http://www.yuccaman.com/index.html

Even though the naxja link isn't your lift, it list all the good stuff you need to make it easier, in one package. Yuccaman has the best write up on doing the BB and is what I used when I put in mine. If you get stuck, post a question and we will be glad to give you a hand.

sidriptide said:
if you do spacers in the front you will be a lil "a$$ high" unless you add another 3/4" spacer in the front...

mike
I agree! even with slightly sagged rears before the lift I'm a bit low in the front. I have some 1" spacers and I may do them this week if I get caught up in on everything else.

okay...well, uh, would it be possible to pilfer the 3/4 inch spacer off the stock XJ's at the Junkyard and just retrofit them in on top of the RE spacer to level out the ride? is that advisible?

and does the full length leaf cost any more than the original half leaf (which is $$230)

the full lenght is $15 more I think. A factory spacer will get you about 1/2". I left them in when I did my lift. I'll be doing zj v8 coils soon and I'll use my RE spacer to net myself around 4" In the back I'm going to use xj main leaves, second plus a block to level it off as I have some.

is there anyone that has an absolute cost (like the guy who's already bought one?)

so far i'm hearing a 15 dollar upgrade. I'm calling 4wheelpartswholesalers tomorrow to get a cost for the upgraded boost.

Call Dirk at dpgoffroad.com !!!! Don't mess with anyone else. Good stuff best prices and AWESOME Customer Service!!!

Back