• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Experts- Please help

JimsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My ARB locker & compressor has been in my D44 for almost 2 months now. I've played with it on the road, checked that it will stay locked for over 15 minutes without cycling the compressor, and had no problems.

Yesterday I had it on the trail for the first time. I planned on leaving it locked 100% of the time on the trail. For about the first 15-20 minutes, the compressor cycled about once a minute for a few seconds. I stopped the truck and turned it off for a few minutes while watching people go through a difficult section. After that, it only cycled about once every 10-15 minutes. I thought the bulkhead fitting was just leaking a little.

Of course, once things started to get more difficult, the compressor would not turn off while the locker was engaged. Air was pumping like crazy out of the diff vent tube. I figured the o-rings were shot or the tube in the diff was damaged. It did this for the rest of the day.

I drove about 1 1/2 hours home, and enaged the locker for the last 5 minutes on the highway without it cycling the compressor even once. I then left it enaged on the city streets, and turned it off only for tight corners. The compressor didn't cycle until it had been engaged 5 times.

It's gotta be the o-rings, right? I have not opened it up yet.

Thanks for your help.

-Jim C

Wow............You definitely have a leak (obviously :roll: ). The only leaks I've experienced in my D30 or D44 were in the fitting on the axle (although it could be the O-ring, I've not had issues with mine--installed for the past 4 years). Turn on the compressor, engage the locker and follow the 'hissing' sound. Hopefully you'll get away with tightening things up and you'll be good to go. My compressor cycles about every 30 minutes or so unless I've been switching on and off all the time.

I also don't use the locker off-road until I need to. Why stress your equipment when it's not necessary?

Back