• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

turn limit adjusters??

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
I need to adjust the turning radius on mine, and the adjusting bolts on the knuckle APPEAR to be welded in place! :mad:
What's up with that? Anyone else have this?

Yea, I'd like to adjust the turning radius also ... I'm not worried about it ... I'm with Bill, I'd like to know why the bolt was tack welded to the nut. So what do you do ... just back out the bolt and whala ... the thing stays put?

A little more elaboration would be helpful.

Thanks.

bchulett said:
Yea, I'd like to adjust the turning radius also ... I'm not worried about it ... I'm with Bill, I'd like to know why the bolt was tack welded to the nut. So what do you do ... just back out the bolt and whala ... the thing stays put?

A little more elaboration would be helpful.

Thanks.
I'm sure it was done that way so that it would stay set permanently from the factory.

If you want to adjust it, remove the welded nut/bolt combination - put a washer or two under the welded nut - reattach the nut/bolt combo with the washer(s). Remember, if you have rubbing on the LCA that you are trying to correct, that the left steering stop controls the rubbing on the right LCA and visa versa.

That's the ticket! Put some washers behind the nut.
I had some rubbing on the driver's side between the tie rod and the sway bar link. (Goferit flip kit) All fixed now... ;)

Back