• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

scout 44 rear???

skog

NAXJA Forum User
anybody do this conversion? how easy is it? how strong is this 44 vs the other 44's? what was the factory bolt pattern?

thanks
skog

I thought about doing this, its not THAT hard of a swap, just new perches is the biggest part

the boltpattern is 5 on 5.5" thats why I steered clear of that...

I ran one for years, buy some new spring perches weld them on, the the shock mounts. its as strong as any other stock 44 out there.

yeah, i run one. you need wheel spacers to run a scout 44 or some wheels with little to no backspacing. i got mine all installed and found out even with 3.75" bs 15x8's there was no way the tire would clear the spring. i got some 1.25" wheel spacers from spidertrax.

now that im done with mine there are a few ways to build what i got much cheaper

how i did it:
scout 44 housing and shafts $50
disc brake kit (caliper brackets and rotors) $240
gears, install kit, u bolt pinion yoke, new wheel bearings $245
detroit locker (had this already)
RE anti-wrap perches $35
camaro calipers, rubber lines, hard lines, fittings $70
spidertrax wheel spacers $150 ( includes 2 day shipping)

how i would do it now:
scout 44 housing and shafts $50
weld on caliper brackets $7
cj front rotors $60
gears, install kit, u bolt yoke, wheel bearings $245
detroit locker
RE anti wrap perches $35
camaro calipers, rubber lines, hard lines, fittings $70
www.rockbuggysupply.com wheel spacers $85

note, i did the gear set up with over seeing by a friend who really knows what he is doing. i also made some knock offs of the spidertrax shock mounts

Hunter

Damn you Skog I was gonna buy that axle! Well if you don't want it I may take it. It's one hell of a deal.

Back