• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC compressor / bizzare idling issues

Twisted Copper

NAXJA Member #962
I know when you turn on AC or Defrost (which also turns on my compressor), the idle compensates and bumps up a little. I know this may stop and start as you are sitting idle, but my idle jumps up a little every 5 to 10 seconds or so. This is constant and rythmic. I know something isn't working right. Sitting in a backup on I95 in the rain going nowhere with the defroster on and watching my tach jump every 5 seconds was really annoying tonight. The AC works ok and blows cold.

Is there a way I could put a bypass switch for the compressor? It's kind of annoying that it kicks on for the defroster on a 30 degree day anyhow. Even if I figure out why the idle is so irregular with the AC/Def on and correct it I may still want to do this.

Maybe I should scrap the AC and convert to OBA! - nah, not yet - maybe when I don't have such a long commute!

Back