• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 swap and E-brake cables....what to use?

pfogle

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I had planned on using the e-brake cables from a Grand cherokee, but after buying them, and sizing them up, they're pretty damn short for what I need.. Anyone have any recommendations on what to do?

Lokar makes an adapter you can put at the end of a XJ or YJ cable. They're around $25. I posted it in a thread a couple weeks ago if you search for it.

Well, it's not the adapter I need.. it's length. Running about 7.5" of lift in the rear (BO 6" leaves, JKS shackles), and the stock length barely comes close to fitting sitting on even ground... let alone when it's flexed up. Basically, I need to know if there's an application that will work that is longer?

I'm getting everything together to make the same swap. I have the YJ passenger side e-brake cables that are plenty long with the 8.25 I currently have. Planning on using those ... may just wrap the cable around the "tab" and clamp it off using a cable clamp.

Not sure this is your answer cause I'm not there yet ... but it's the plan.

Les

Thinking of knocking off the factory mounts near the adjusting thread, and moving them back, closer to the axle... then extending the thread with all thread. Any cons to this?

Back