• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ coils on XJ

tnxjjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible to run TJ coils on the front of an XJ? Some guy told me that if you put on stock TJ coils it will give your XJ 4.5in. of lift over stock. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

they will work, but ive heard that they wont lift as much xj coils??
something like that....
-g

RE claims the new RE 7.5" coils for the XJ and TJ will lift the same amount on both rigs. then i asked, "why are there different part numbers if they are the same coil then, (XJ 4.5 and TJ 4.5)?" RE said just becuase thats the way they regulate which ones are being sold... so i guess the RE coils have the same rating whether its TJ or XJ coils...? at least thats what an RE rep told me. the ZJ coils are rated different though.

hope that helps
brandon

tnxjjeeper said:
Yah, the guy that told me this is a moron. I told him they didn't look different, but he swore up and down that they would add 4.5 inches of lift.

what size lift do you want to move to? i run the 7.5 coils and they net at about 7.5 with a BPI bumper and XD9000I winch.

brandon

bought a 2wd mj. the guys said it had 6" tj skyjacker coils in the front. took my old xj coils and a 2" spacer and swapt them in. only lost 2" of lift. if they really are 6" coils then they only produced 4" of lift on a mj.

Most reports are that using stock TJ coils in an XJ would result in a drop of about 1 to 2 inches, not a lift. Certainly not anything like 4.5"

I've been running TJ coils on my XJ since day one. They seemed pretty close to the right height back then. Hard to tell now because I run ACOS. So I just adjust accordingly. :greensmok

Eagle said:
Most reports are that using stock TJ coils in an XJ would result in a drop of about 1 to 2 inches, not a lift. Certainly not anything like 4.5"
Yup - gave my stock XJ coils to a buddy with a TJ and he reported about 2" lift.

Back