• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cage Guys: How does it affect steering?

Speed_racer

NAXJA Forum User
I know the cage dramatically increases the strength of your unibody.

So I was curious, how exactly does a cage affect on road ride? Cornering? And things like that.

My xj, will be built bigger soon, but I was thinking a cage in case of that unfornature rollover some of us dread (some of you freaks like it :p :conceited , lol).

So, if you'd answer about how it affects on road ride, I'd appreciate it!

Also, Ive seen cages for under $500 shipped, is that a myth? or what sites do you guys recommend?

Speed_racer said:
I know the cage dramatically increases the strength of your unibody.

So I was curious, how exactly does a cage affect on road ride? Cornering? And things like that.

My xj, will be built bigger soon, but I was thinking a cage in case of that unfornature rollover some of us dread (some of you freaks like it :p :conceited , lol).

So, if you'd answer about how it affects on road ride, I'd appreciate it!

Also, Ive seen cages for under $500 shipped, is that a myth? or what sites do you guys recommend?

cage raises your CoG. therefore reduces stability in corners. :laugh3: :rof: :laugh3:

Speed_racer said:
What are you on?

How does adding weight to your vehicle increase your Center o Gravity?

if you add more weight above your current COG than below it, it will rise.

go throw 500 lbs on top of your jeep and see if it doesn't change the COG.

i'm not saying that a cage will raise the COG, just that adding weight can definitely change the COG.

matthew

You won't notice it's affect on the steering at all. You will notice that the chassis is stiffer depending on the design of your cage though.
If you these things you will notice it in the steering...
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Jes

Back