• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Steering owners?

ChuckD

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to know how much bump steer you guys have?

Right now I'm at about 6.5" of lift with OEM links and I get bumpsteer. So I'm thinking of getting the Currie Draglink. I have enough tubing and inserts to make tierods. So it will only cost me about $200 for just the DL.

I know all about cross over-steering and inverted T. Right now at this time, I'm kinda tired of messing with my jeep and want something bolt on. Also I have a D30 and thinking about it I really don't want to sink any more time into it.

ChuckD said:
I would like to know how much bump steer you guys have?

Right now I'm at about 6.5" of lift with OEM links and I get bumpsteer. So I'm thinking of getting the Currie Draglink. I have enough tubing and inserts to make tierods. So it will only cost me about $200 for just the DL.

I know all about cross over-steering and inverted T. Right now at this time, I'm kinda tired of messing with my jeep and want something bolt on. Also I have a D30 and thinking about it I really don't want to sink any more time into it.

Currie drag link doesn't change the steering geometry. I only has bends in the rod ends to compensate for higher lift. i have pretty much no bumpsteer, with Currie draglink and RE 1660 trackbar. i have ~6.5" lift.

Chuck, I have the Currie tie rod and drag link set-up. I have no bumpsteer at all. I am running a RE HD track bar and bracket. Maybe your stock drag link is bent and causing your bumpsteer. Mine was bent pretty bad which is why I got the Currie, but that was while I was running only a 3" lift. I installed the new steering when I installed my 6" lift. Here is a pic of my set-up.
curriesteering.jpg

Bumpsteer can be caused by the track bar and drag link angles being off. Take a good look at you track bar too to make sure it is still good.

Bryan

OEM pitman or 1" drop? If mine is bent it's not very noticeable and as far as bumpsteer goes, I notice it more where there is wavy pavement. Like on heavily driven, so that there are times where the road may be higher on one side than the other. I think I may be addressing the problem with the inverted Y.

What do you guys think about going on top of the knuckle on the passenger side. To alieviate the angle between the DL and the TR. That should help with bumpsteer, right? or some of the issues with the inverted Y.

I have a 3/4" heim with a 5/8" hole. I was thinking about using it on the passenger side and a Dodge TRE on the DL. For the TR I have 1/4" wall DOM tubing, 20' so I can make many TR's. :)

OEM pitman arm. No other mods on my steering. Hopefully some others will chime in on how to proceed. I have yet to look into any steering mods at this point.

Bryan

Back