• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EB front dana 44?s

HilltopXJ

NAXJA Member #950
I just bought a EB 44 for my XJ. And i was just wondering how many people
are running these axles in there XJ? And any technical difficulties you might
of had during your installation. I can do some fabing for perches and stuff thats not a prob. What did you do for the different bolt patern?

scott

HilltopXJ said:
I just bought a EB 44 for my XJ. And i was just wondering how many people
are running these axles in there XJ? And any technical difficulties you might
of had during your installation. I can do some fabing for perches and stuff thats not a prob. What did you do for the different bolt patern?

scott

Farmer Matt runs the EB D44. MAybe he will chime in. He has a wright up about the swap. It's in the members area. But to answer your question IMSC he is running a 9" from a EB also!

sorry for high jacking but are all 44s knuckles interchangable? if i buy a 71 with drums can i swap it to a 79 knuckle and get me some disks?

Yes, that will give you discs, but if you want to eventually go high steer than you need to be picky on the knuckles you get so has they are flat topped & can be drilled & tapped for the high steer arms. I went the chevy 44 knuckle route in which I used chevy knuckles, spindles, calipers, & stub shafts. I used ford hubs & rotors. It sounds like a Frankenstein mess, but it all works well together.

Matt
botw30491.jpg

FarmerMatt said:
Yes, that will give you discs, but if you want to eventually go high steer than you need to be picky on the knuckles you get so has they are flat topped & can be drilled & tapped for the high steer arms. I went the chevy 44 knuckle route in which I used chevy knuckles, spindles, calipers, & stub shafts. I used ford hubs & rotors. It sounds like a Frankenstein mess, but it all works well together.

Matt
QUOTE]

sorry to hijack a little, but matt, what did you attach the top of your limiting strap to?

sorry to hijack a little, but matt, what did you attach the top of your limiting strap to?

The drain plug :laugh2:

j/k... Holy oil slicks, Batman!

Thank you, thanks you .... I'm here all week

Be sure to tip your waitress...

What's the bolt pattern on that 77?
I have access to one.

TIA

Back