• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

15x8's w/3.75" backspacing

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
I want to buy a set of American Racing wagon wheels, but they only come in 3.75" of backspacing. Due to the fact that it's an 8" wheel, the outside edge will be 1" further out then the stock 7" wheels. I have 4" lift up front and 4.5" lift in the rear, so I don't think rubbing the flares will be an issue with 31"s. Plus, these wheels will be for my street tires. My biggest concern is the stress on bearings.

Any input would be great.

--Matt

I dont know where you got you numbers from????That wheel will stick out 2.25" further than a stock wheel

D'oh... sorry, I got some of my numbers messed up. Just checked them on paper and found my mistake.

So, I'm looking at a outer edge of the new rims being alot more than I thought. Still, will I have any problems. In the morning I'm gonna crack out the tape measure again.

--Matt

Stress on the bearings isn't an issue. With an 8" rim and 3.75" backspacing, the wheel mounting surface is only .25" off from the center of the wheel. I've heard this mentioned on occasion, but I don't know why anyone would think it's an issue. Actually, the stock 5.25" backspacing would put more stress on the bearings if the wheel being off center from the mounting surface is what is causing the stress.

I have my 32's w/ 3.75 of bs on Eagel alloys. They still stuff great (5"of lift help) and give my baby that wider more agressive look. With the bfg muds you can't go wrong. Try it. It looks and works sweet.

Goatman said:
Stress on the bearings isn't an issue. With an 8" rim and 3.75" backspacing, the wheel mounting surface is only .25" off from the center of the wheel. I've heard this mentioned on occasion, but I don't know why anyone would think it's an issue. Actually, the stock 5.25" backspacing would put more stress on the bearings if the wheel being off center from the mounting surface is what is causing the stress.

The wheel offset is 19mm=.7480"

Back