• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel hose problem....Final Chapter

BrianC

NAXJA Forum User
If you read the previous posts you know that I had a prblem with a fuel leak comming from hose at the rear of the fuel rail. This was comming from the crimp connection not the quick connector. The replacment hose from the dealer has been discontinued. After talking to two dealerships and my father-in-law (Master Mechanic with 30+ years on the job) this is how I fixed it. I first removed the line from the vehicle. It is one piece from the fuel rail to the fuel filter. I then cut the crimp conector off using a Dremel with a cut off wheel and re-installed the remainder of the line. I purchased 3 feet of fuel injection hose. Make sure you get fuel injection hose not regualr fuel hose, it will not hold the pressure. I clamped this directly from the nipplle on the rail and to the end of the hardline going to the fuel filter. It is holding great. I hope this helps someone else out.

Brian

Back