• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1-ton swap = must reinforce pseudo frame??

jmop

NAXJA Forum User
So I am getting everything together for a full width swap. It looks like it is going to be a D60 front and a 14 bolt rear.

So should I plate the pseudo frame? I am thinking about doing something like Ashman did but it will put my jeep down even longer. I figured on running some limiting straps and re-enforcing their mounting location to keep from tearing out shocks and spring brackets.

Eventually when I got the scratch for a cage I will cap the sub frame but for now do you think the jeep would hold up?

i'll let ya know if my rear 60 tears my jeep apart once i take it on its maiden voyage after the swap is done. i'm caged but i dont plan on reinforcing the spring hangers in the back.. i have long arms in the front so i dont think that'll be an issue.. :D

I am hoping with the proper limiting straps I won't be tearing anything apart. This swap is going to cost a little more than expected and I am going to be a little tapped out for a while.

I'd worry more about doing this to it...
picture.JPG

...than tearing it apart. It's a lot easier to do the sub frame before you dent everything up. ;)

Jes

Back