• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Jeep

JT86XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im goin to looks at some Jeeps sat. most are Willy army jeeps, some early CJ's, which one should I look for, and which ones to stay away from, and what should I offer for them, btw Im only lookin at a couple with just the frame and bodies, both rough.

you know this is an xj forum, right? :D

Old willys are more of a religion than a hobby, really labor intensive and expensive most times. I´ve seen some guys do good things, with the bodies on later frames, the purists cridge when you do that. I´ve been eyeballing a CJ-5 parked in a weed patch, factory 304, guy wants way to much money for it, probably a two year project to get it right again.

Last edited:
I myself have always been kinda partial to the Scramblers. But its still a CJ. Frame problems and its leaf sprung.. Just go with an XJ!!

MATT

Well I already got a 86 Xj with full widths, 350ci th350 and np205, so now I want something lil to keep in the garage and work on when I have time, cuz I have toy running now.

Back