• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

now this is what I call cool!!!!

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Rube Goldberg would be proud.

I'll have to watch that again -- I haven't figured out how he got the wheels to roll up the ramp.

Rob

They got the wheels to roll uphill by rendering it that way. I'm 95% sure this is computer generated. It's hard to tell because of the quality - but I don't think it's real. Most of it is possible, and it may be a hybrid of real and digital; but the physics are wrong for it to be real (notice also the muffler rolling - travels at a steady velocity for several feet and then slows down noticably.) Still impressive imagination though!

Yeah, I noticed that about the muffler.

I'd be disappointed if it indeed is an animation.

Although, could the tires have had weights in them (or perhaps on the back of the rims out of sight) to throw the weight balance in the right direction? Similarly, could the muffler have been "modified"?

If nothing else, it'd be a cool physics problem to figure out how to get real parts to perform like that (or even to duplicate the ad as shown.

Rob

Edit: 5-90, it also looked to me to be a security remote at the end, although I'm not sure yet how the ramp actuator fits in.

Thats probably the coolest commercial ive seen ever.

That is a very cool commercial, but what makes it better is that it really is all real. If you read the articles linked at the bottom it'll give you an idea of how they did it all. The tires were weighted so that they'd roll uphill. It took 606 takes over 4 days to get it right, and thats after months of planning.

Back