• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift question, after 8.8 install

BLUTO

NAXJA Forum User
I looked under the SEARCH option, but didn't get answer needed. I just got my 2000XJ back on the road (still working out a few bugs) after a TW SYE and 8.8 installation. Boy! That rear end is nice and quiet now...like the difference between riding on bushings VS roller bearings! :roll:
Anyway...I noticed a 2" difference in ride height between my front and rear (4.5" from tire to wheel moulding front - 6.5" rear). I think that my rear spring perches may be part of the problem, the mounting plate is 1" above the axle tube and the 8.8 is >diameter than D35. I have 3" OME H.D. springs and FIRM shocks that have close to 5K miles on them...so I figured they have settled already ;) .
QUESTION #1 Is 6.5" about what you would see on a 4" lift?
Rocky Mountain Outfitters sent 7/8" poly spacer for front springs to get me to 3" in front.
QUESTION #2 Should I consider getting another 3" spacer and stack it on top to get me ~4" of lift?

I have 1-1/2" minimum clearance on front tires (30.25" O.D.) from tire to front or rear wheel lip moulding....2-1/2" clearance in the rear.
QUESTION #3 Can I get 32" tires under a 4" lift without cutting? Or will they rub when they get "stuffed"?
I'll probably start running into steering/suspension geometry problems as I get to 4" (new track bar and LCA's, right?) :(
I was happy with 3" of lift, but I don't like the "ass-in-the-air" look (unless it's a female invitation) :moon:
Anybody have any input?

BLUTO :wave1:

just put the RE spacers in the front and everything will eventaly sag, it won't be perfect anyways.

stoney

Back