• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Leaf Springs, Which Ones?

Which Springs??

• Total voters
i plan on running yj springs with a rancho AAL i will fine tune my height after i get everything setup. it's still in the mock-up stages.

I tried YJ mains with a bunch of random leafs and didn't like them,

then stock Waggy packs, but they sat at about 6" new and I'm sure they just would have sagged some,

now I got 3.5" YJ springs from BDS, $61 each, full military wrap both ends, no-questions asked lifetime warranty and they gave about 8" new and are settling down to a perfect 7".

also, if you look up ashmanxj, he used XJ main leafs and Waggys mixed under that, and in hind-sight says he would have used shorter leafs like YJs or Waggys.

44044s (2.5" waggy springs from Rancho) would be good too, but cost too much at about $250 a pair.

Keep the coils! - linked suspension will be much nicer; especially if you build it correctly!

Matt

If you couldn't guess I picked the 2x4"s... :puke:

Anyone else, I have been leaning more towards the YJ setup. But The SJ leaves are the most popular so far. I was looking at the 44044's but not for $250 :bawl: Plus they give around 10" and I don't want to go that high. I do remember reading that ashman would have run a different setup now that its all said and done.... :repair:

I've got 2.5" yj springs now on my d30 with trimmed fenders and 36" swampers. I had some help figuring out I had 7" of lift. :looney:

Back