• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands with Ecoyne 03/27

seanR

Want to puff on my pipe?
NAXJA Member
Here are pictures of Saturday afternoon. What started out as out of the worst trips to the Badlands, ended up being the best yet! Due to another trip planed next weekend, I could not afford to spend the night in Attica. We left at 3:30AM Saturday. After changing two tires on my trailer in Bloomington, we were back on the road by 8:30 and to the park by 11:00.

But thanks to a small group of expert 'wheelers we were able to run Orange, Green, and most of White in just a few hours, even had time to do some winching.

If any one has an oppertunity to 'wheel with these guys, don't pass it up!

pics

Cool pics! Looks like it was fun. What's the story on the gold TJ? And the Exploder- was he high centered there?

Get out from behind that camera and help out a brother on his side!!! :cheers:

Sorry, I missed it. Too bad someone's bathroom leaked and I didn't get my lift done :wave1:

The gold TJ was Eric Coyne. There was a small wash comming out of the creek, White trail I think. There was five of us in that group. The wash was very steep and only the first Jeep made it up after that, it became impassible, but we all had to try. The wash claimed one of my Bushwackers which was never found. Eric was the last in the group, the rest of us were already on top and we kept egging him on until he finaly flopped over.

Get out from behind that camera and help out a brother on his side!!!
Whos winch cable do you think that was? Besides, Laura wont let me play with the camera.

The Explorer was a kid who hit that wall at about 45 to get up there! The thing was a stock rust bucket. We considered leaving him due to the nature of his actions. It took two of us to get the ding bat off of there. I was wiching and someone else had to hook to the back of me to keep me from sliding. The kid wanted to borrow a highlift and jack the front up and let gravity take it from there but we would not let him. Thanks to Notorius DUG for the help.

Howey, not next weekend but the one after that, I promise!

seanR said:
Whos winch cable do you think that was? Besides, Laura wont let me play with the camera.

Howey, not next weekend but the one after that, I promise!

I guess you can be forgiven.

The weekend of the 9th is good.

Beezil said:
Coyne and his boys are a hellova good time.

wished I coulda bellied up to the bar at robbies with those guys.....

Eric live only 3 miles away from me, and I never had a chance to meet him yet.

Back