• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Pressure guage stuck

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
Ok. I know this is a problem that pops up quite alot. I have seen many XJs with the oil pressure guage stuck way past 80Lbs. Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem and what they have done to fix it. I know its not the sender because I have unhooked it and it still stays stuck.
Thanks

A dead sender results in the guage reading pegged to the high end. It's a common fault, easy to fix. I think when the sender fails, it acts the same as unplugged- high pressure indicated. 4xBob

Put a jumper in the terminal you removed from the sender and ground it. The gauge should move to the opposite end (below zero). If so, the gauge is okay and you either have a bad sender or a bad connection AT the sender.

Eagle said:
Put a jumper in the terminal you removed from the sender and ground it. The gauge should move to the opposite end (below zero). If so, the gauge is okay and you either have a bad sender or a bad connection AT the sender.

I know it wasn't directed to me, but thanks for the info Eagle... I should be able to figure out my oil pressure problem easily now.
Thanks,
Billy

Back