• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel hose

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
Can transmission/oil hose be used for fuel delivery? I need to replace that small section of plastic hose between the fuel rail and the hard line. I have a bunch of trans/oil hose lying around. Thanks.

--Matt

In a word - No. Fuel line is fuel line and is rated as such. With that being said, I have seen other things used for fuel lines. How long it will last before the fuel eats through it is anybody’s guess. I guess it depends on how often you feel like replacing it and if you are willing to keep an eye on it to catch it before it goes.

Cool, thanks.

--Matt

Not to mention pressure, these in tank fuel pumps put out some pretty high pressure compared to the old mechanical pumps. I would only replace one of those lines with one rated *at least* equal to the OEM one. If you want to get fancy use a russel stainless steel wrapped fuel line and the correct connectors. If you screw up and that hose fails you should be aware that that pump is going to be pumping raw fuel at around 80PSI into your engine bay and if it's a pinhole leak that fuel will be pretty well a vapor, not my idea of a good thing.

Back