• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake booster upgrade questions.

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
ok I went to the local pull a part and found a brake booster off of a '95ZJ with master cylinder that they said I could have for $15. My question is will this booster be the same as the '95/96 XJ booster which is the dual diaphram. It was much bigger than mine in the '89 so does anyone know.
thanks
DIG IT!

it should be identical to the 95/96 cherokee ones.

is there a 1/4" thick aluminum spacer that came between it and the firewall? (if not, you'll need to find one from a 95-01 XJ or get one made)

Definitely get the spacer.

In my haste/inexperience I decided to just use washers to compensate for the 1/4" difference.

Technically it works, but now I get all of the engine noise transmitted into the passenger compartment due to the spacer/isolator not being there.

Madxj.com has the writeup. The entire article is dead on.(for my application) You'll be able to order the adapters at any reputable auto parts store.

Back