• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no outside air

cjmatt

NAXJA Forum User
im wondering why i cant get outside air into the jeep. whatever setting i put it on blows heat. even the air conditioning ones. all i want is to vent some fresh outside air in so im not cooking all summer. also when the system is in the off position rain can get in and drip on the passenger side floor. but stops when i put it to heat or defrost. would this show a condition that is causing my other problem? its an 89 limited btw

I'd say a vaccuum line came off somewhere under the dash, the line that controls the temp slider and the door switching between the heat & cool settings. Does the defrost, vent, bi-level settings all work properly? (the actual outlet settings...not the air temp coming out)

When you switch the outlet settings can you hear the door in the passenger footwell opening/closing?

Start hunting down lines..not fun, but most likely the source of the problem.

Ditto BlueMJ. I had cracks in the vacuum lines that run under the battery box on my 87 XJ. This is a long time ago, but I remember that my cruise control didn't work and I had the same problem with the environment controls. The vacuum leak effected several other features as well.

yeah i can hear that door in the passenger footwell opening and closing. what does that control. and does anyone know where the door is that lets air in from the outside. the actual settings work although sometimes when its off i can still feel heat coming from the defrost area and sometimes the vents as well

Back