• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

running without a front DS?

recoverep

NAXJA Forum User
i am poor as shit right now... would it be alright to take off the front drive shaft and run it with just the rear driveshaft till i get enough money to fix it?

Sure - in 2wd the front driveshaft does absolutely nothing. Back when I had a vibrating front driveshaft due to poor pinion angles I used to pull it for long trips to the trail, and then reinstall it when I got there. Won't hurt a thing.

Nay

awesome. yeah i am getting nasty noises and loud sounds comming from under the driver's seat... figure its the front DS... so i am just gonna take it out and run it like that till i fix it.

recoverep said:
awesome. yeah i am getting nasty noises and loud sounds comming from under the driver's seat... figure its the front DS... so i am just gonna take it out and run it like that till i fix it.

it could very well be your t-case that's broken

I went for almost a year with no front DS cause of the clearance issue that wore a hole in my Borla header. I solved it with more lift :)

Back