• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Locker options.

Joey Nelson

NAXJA Forum User
Here is the deal. I had a powertax no slip in the front of my 98 and it went to shit so I took it out and put my spiders back in for now, but I am debating even putting the new warrantied one back in! i think I might just sell it and go with a lock right in the rear of my 8.25. I was actually really impressed at how well it worked with the powertax in the front but afer only 7-8 times out of wheeling it wouldnt unlock like it was supposed to on the street.

98-------d-30 front, chry 8.25 rear

I had the same problem

I had the same problem with my No slip on my 99 D30. Except it wouldn't unlock ever regardless of wheter i was on or off road. Mine made very very very loud clunking noises around corners. Did yours do the same? I sent it in and they are sending me a new one. Did yours make noises all the time since you got it or only after wheeling? Did it go away after a couple day away from the trail?

really?

I was pretty sure the lockright was a d30 application and NOT an 8.25 one. the no-slip is for the 8.25, but not made for the d30. am i wrong?

Well my locker is making all kinds of noises, when you turn it will try and keep both the wheels straight (locked Up) and then all the sudden break loose and ka-bang the steering wheel shakes and the truck goes flyin its is pretty bad. then it will stay uinlocked for a while until you need to make another turn in the opposite direction.

I was asking if I would be better off with a lock right in my 8.25 in the rear or that powertrax up front.

Well if your really going to wheel this thing youll need both.As far as which one alone makes the biggest difference Id say the front,but in the front I love the "selectability" of my ARB.AS soon as your out of the "rough" "pshh" steering again!

I run 2 detroit lockers in mine and i can only say that i should have ditched the lockright and no-slip i've un before earlier.

The new detroit locker is a lot smoother in operation than any lockright or no-slip and the only noise i ever hear from it is sometimes a short bang when backing up around a corner on the pavement. In 2WD the detroit in front isn't even noticeable.

Back