• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GWNF Run Anyone?

Skorpyo

NAXJA Member #241
NAXJA Member
Bob and I are aching to do a GWNF run toward the end of september, maybe early october at the latest. Would anyone else be willin to come along and make a weekend of it? No definite dates yet, but the last weekend in september or the second weekend in october are my best two bets.
Tim

GWNF is the George Washington National forest, which is right outside Harrisonburg, VA. I'm not a guru on the trails out there, and would really appreciate if anyone who's more familiar could fill in the details, and maybe lead this trip. I'll organize, but I don't know much about the trails. They tend to be on the mild side, but there are certainly spots for the more hardcore of tastes. Thanks all
Tim

We should try to avoid that trail that had us trying to turn everyone around,although it was a good trail for the hardcore at the far end if the trees arent blocking the trail. Is there a trail map of the area?

GWNF

try this link
http://www.4x4wire.com/trail/report/va/gwnf01/

I've heard good things about this place. Been thinking of taking a trip down to camp and just explore.

What kind of hardcore trails do you have down there? And what would it compare to paragon? I would like to get down there if my axles are done.

PeterBuilt

http://photos.msn.com/viewing/album...kbf5nkVxcxoFM12ZMZ0ZOGpvlWSxm!VbpVIxF6Ue*iw$$

[img:c6e0293b60]http://photo.msn.s8.com/MS8zLzAvMS8xMDg3LzE1NS8zMi94aHZWb3VOdlJ4UmxoRjZDQWNfUmZ3/47f1e4de1dde76ac9d590a00a51ec4ce/clbk=HcZNnT9kkUh*O3yz*DmDyf56gswyznL1LFFaLydGcz0bqRIUTx1iudD8XrrEPZf7mjwHVER!6mU$/jpg.[/img:c6e0293b60]

the trails up there are decent enough. dictum and kephart are the 2 hardest ones up there. the pic is from dictum. going up is a nice ledge that we usually have to pull rocks out of because people love to stack em there, then the end of kephart is a lot of fun. the link is to pics of both trails that a zj on 35's, me on 33's, daniel on 32's, and a cj8 on 33's. i dont think ill make the run but maybe. the VA4WDA poker run at oakridge is the 6th of october and im doing an axle swap between now and then so $$ will be tighter than....

Hunter

I may be able to make the last weekend,i am interested.sarbuck

Trail Runs

I am new to the area and the board and would like the chance to go perhaps the last weekend of Sept. I posted on the Rausch listing as well. Any way a newbie to the area might get invited to go along? :roll:

Re: Trail Runs

[quote:f05e666c89="$XJBroke$"]Any way a newbie to the area might get invited to go along? :roll:[/quote:f05e666c89]

Everyone is welcome! Newbies, oldies, we've all been a newbie at one time or another. Still no firm dates on this ride, and I've yet to figure out if the Jersey / PA group is interested in comin down. Hope we can get enough guys together to make this trip!
Skorpyo

is this xj's only?how many rigs can go?is it members only?are we there yet?sarbuck

I'd love to go. Im always on the look out fora good trail. You might want to post on JU if you want more people to come

I'd like to come down and see how this place is. Anyone know an approximated guess on how long it takes to get there from NJ? Hopefully i'm free the weekend you will be there. _nicko_

Nick,If you are going and the date works out let me know and maybe I will follow you down.

GWNF

So what are the dates? Anybody got them set yet. Ahem...as the newbie on the block, I would like to request a formal invitation. I am getting stoked about this trip as it will be my first (please be gentle) in the area. I am looking forward to meeting some folks from the area to go wheelin' with. If any of Jersey folks are driving down, perhaps we can hook up for the trip? :D

i like enthusiasm*L*due to heavy schudules with Skorp; and me wanting to heal up as much as possible(wife might be piloting,yikes) we are starting to look at the first week of november.Bobster is just as anxious as you to get some wheeling in.

Hey XJ broke,where are you from in NJ?I am from NJ and I think am going.I will know as soon as we get a firm date for this trip.

I might go

Depending on when you's guys finally plan it for (can you hear the jersey accent?) I might make the trip. It takes 5-6 hours, Nicky, by the way.

NOVEMBER!!!! That's too far away. I need to test out my new non rubbing fenders (hopefully) and my tera-low. I will still be up for this when it comes around though. I'm up for paragon anytime with any of you new jersey guys, or anyone else. I know October is still far away, but I have fall break coming after the first week of october. But if anyone has a better pick on dates, run them by, I'm sure I can make it on quite a few weekends. How old are you XJBroke, I think I read you were in the teens or somewhere around there. It'll be nice not to hang around a kid that acts like a kid instead of old guys that still act like kids.... :wink: , NAXJA's great. _nicko_

Back