• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Run Announcement (LCIR This Sunday)

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
ok, here's the scoop all in one email, hehe...

Date: THIS Sunday, March 28th.

Leader: Mike G (W6MKE, [email protected], 760-224-1635)

Description: Probobly dangerous road, left turn hill, jeep squeeze, lookout tower, option to check out el hill. Bring a lunch, we will be out most of the day

Type: just going out for the day

Difficulty: Mild run, not too hardcore, not to easy.

Directions: Los Coyotes Indian Reservation is located off the 79 Fwy where the fwy makes a point at Warner Springs, CA.

You want to go East on Camino San Ignacio from the 79 Fwy. That will turn into Los Coyotes Rd. That road goes from dirt to pavement back and fourth for a couple of miles. Stay on the main road, and you will reach a post to pay. I don't know how much of a gate is there anymore since someone rammed it a bit ago. (And you wonder why they want to close it)

You can actually type the place on mapquest:
http://tinyurl.com/2nty7

But you're better off getting directions to San Ysidro, CA. The point on my GPS, and on mapquest of San Ysidro is right on the road just past the gate, zoom in one point to see the roads:
http://tinyurl.com/2rhd3

Just "Get Directions to Above Location from:" on the link above.

Departure Time: Meet @ the Pay Post/Gate at 8:30AM

Comm: CB CH4, FRS 4, 146.520 Ham

Spec Equiq: 4X4 with at least a small lift and a little larger tires then stock goes a long way.

RSVP: drop me an email.. [email protected]

Other:

Got a fairly old map, but I don't think this info has changed...

Los Coyotes Band of Indians
Ph: 760.782.0711
Fx: 760.782.2701

Gen camping:
$12 p/night car
$25 w/ tow
$20 4WD Camping

Day Use:
$10 p/car p/day
$15 4WD Vehic (THAT'S US, unless you're camping, bringing a trailer, or planning on bringing your Saturn, but I'd advise against that last one, hehe)
$20 w/ tow

Parking Fee:
$5

Summer Hours
8a-5p
Winter Hours
8a-4p

:flipoff:

Back