• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EGR to 1999+ Manifold

CRASH

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anybody seen this done? Thinking about hooking up a 1999+ manifold to the Renix stroker, but I would need to retain my EGR tube asemby. The late manifold seems like it's so big that it may be hard to even fit the EGR between the header and the intake.

CRASH

edit: I should mention this all an attempt to smoke Goat and Farmer back to camp. :D

Last edited:
Every time I've gone to a smog check, they have visually and mechanically tested my EGR.

I live in California, where there are 35 million other MoFo's. This causes the air during the summer to resemble split pea soup. Therefore, I don't take smog regulations lightly.

My goal is to produce a very clean burning, and yet very powerful engine. This is very possible with todays technology and tuning advancements.

CRASH

Cool, CRASH is having second thoughts on the 99+ manifold. And all all for a very noble cause!! Very dedicated. :D

Can this be done in CA and still pass the visual? Don't know if it can be done on the Renix according to smog rules. Better asked Brian C, he's the resident smog expert. Sh!+, the Renix has so many hoses, tubes, you can't see the manifold anyhow!! Keep the heat riser plate on top for camoflage, just in case. :)

You'll also want the HO head to make the port matching a no-brainer. Plus you can use the HO TB, with it's higher mm potential. You'll smoke 'em fer sure!! :D

Hope this all works on a Renix, because these mods are part of my plans too!!

XJZ said:
Cool, CRASH is having second thoughts on the 99+ manifold. And all all for a very noble cause!! Very dedicated. :D

Can this be done in CA and still pass the visual? Don't know if it can be done on the Renix according to smog rules. Better asked Brian C, he's the resident smog expert. Sh!+, the Renix has so many hoses, tubes, you can't see the manifold anyhow!! Keep the heat riser plate on top for camoflage, just in case. :)

You'll also want the HO head to make the port matching a no-brainer. Plus you can use the HO TB, with it's higher mm potential. You'll smoke 'em fer sure!! :D

Thats the best way out, just get a HO head, and then you wont have to worry about the EGR at all, also you will have the option of the Flowmetric TB, you can modify your TPS using Joe attardo's article. I had debated this myself and would have don this had i not ran into the 99 motor for $125!!!

Ravi

Hope this all works on a Renix, because these mods are part of my plans too!!

CRASH,

How do they mechanically test the EGR? I live in Orygun and have to pass the DEQ tests. They don't open the hood, but they do test for NOx.

I have used ball bearings to plug vacuum lines in the past. Everything looks good, but doesn't work.

Unfortunately, in CA the smog regs are pretty strict. A visual inspection to make sure all of the original components are there is part of the test. They will inspect for the EGR, plus the worthless tube from the cold run port on the air box to the exhaust manifold.......which is why aftermarket intakes aren't legal to run on Renix motors in CA.

The EGR has to be there.........probably can't be done on the 1999+ intake manifold. Better forget it, Andy.

:D

Bastard!

I ported the '88 head over the weekend, off to the machine shop Friday.

The intake runners need more work though.

CRASH

Back