• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

places to get CO2 filled.

sintax

NAXJA Forum User
picked up a powertank and need to get it filled. Those of you guys who have tanks, where do you get them filled and how much $$$

-Scott

I have a regular gas canister and I get it filled at a local fire extinguisher place. The power tank should be the same. Check your yellow pages for "fire estinguisher". It costs me <$10 for a 10lb tank.

Matt

Local welding gasses supply should be cheaper, if you have one close by.

Matt B.

In my experience, the welding supply places want me to leave my bottle and pick it up in a few days because they don't like to rev up their co2 compressor for just 1 bottle. I'm uncomfortable doing that with a nice bottle.

I've found that a fire extenguisher place will fill it up on demand, and it is cheaper than the welding supply shops in my area by at least $2.00.

I don't know about your area, but I can't find one welding supply place that will fill up on demand around here.

Since I live in a semi-remote location (65 miles from nearest fill place), I need a place that I can go to and leave with a filled tank. HTH

Well...
Paintball place will do it (if you have a CGA320/ASA valve, which is farily common.)
Carbonics place shouldn't have any trouble with it.
Anyplace that services soft drink mixer installations will use loads of the stuff.
Welding places fill MIG tanks with Ar/CO2, so I don't see why filling CO2 should be a big problem for them...
Fire Extinguisher service outfits
and...
There are quite a few paintball outfits online that will sell you a "fill station" setup, and you fill your own tank. If you get a lot of use out of your tank, and don't want to be left dry too often, this may be an option for you. You'd get a large "bulk" tank filled up every now and again, and fill your smaller tank(s) off of it... Look it up - they're farily common and usually pretty cheap. A search at www.warpig.com (World And Regional Paintball Information Guide) will yield up some useful tech info on CO2 handling and use, and will give good instructions on doing fills.

5-90

It would be difficult to fill your own 10-15lb tank from a bulk tank. The fill stations are meant to refill smaller 12-24oz CO2 bottles. You would waste a tremendous amount of gas trying to fill a large cylinder.

Back