• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help installing ccv grommet

Jeff C.

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a trick to inserted the CCV grommet into the valve cover. I pulled mine to cleab it and can't get in back in.

Thanks!

I just did this over the weekend. But I actually put a new one on because I replaced all of my vacuum hoses and breather tubes after I cleaned out the valve cover.

I put the grommet in as far as I could get it and then pretty much just worked in a circle with a small flathead screwdriver until it worked its way in. But again, mine was new so it may have gone in easier. The good thing is, if you have to end up buying a new one, it was the cheapest of the three parts at the dealership. I think 17.50.

Thanks. I went to the dealer and bought a new one and it went right in. The rubber on the old grommet was just to brittle to accept the orifice. Unfortunately that wasn't the problem though.

Back