• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much does AX15 and np231 weight?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Any guesses out there? I'm thinking about picking up a simple tranny jack and it's capacity limit is 450lbs. Will I fit in the limit? walk the line? or go over?

You're well under the limit. NP231 is heavier than an AX15 and is around 100-120 lbs.

Kejtar said:
Cool... now I gotta wait for it to go on sale again... the damn sale just ended :(

Speaking as someone who has pulled thier trans and Xfer case5 or so times in the last 13 years, buy one that looks like this:
sarsam_1762_94336865

don't waste time with the lite-duty units.

Rev

Kejtar said:
The one I'm looking at is this one: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=39178

Gives me the freedom to roll it out and around :D

That's the exact same unit I have, and it's done about four clutches and pulled a couple AW4's, two THM350's, and a THM400. It will work for you.

I do suggest changing the strap on it to something a little heavier if you are going to use it farily often - i used some 2" webbing I piked up at the Army/Navy store. I'm sure the stuff on it is rated to hold, I'm just picky..

5-90

5-90 said:
That's the exact same unit I have, and it's done about four clutches and pulled a couple AW4's, two THM350's, and a THM400. It will work for you.

I do suggest changing the strap on it to something a little heavier if you are going to use it farily often - i used some 2" webbing I piked up at the Army/Navy store. I'm sure the stuff on it is rated to hold, I'm just picky..

5-90

I think this is probalby the only time I will disagree with you 5-90. i have that one too. Used it a few times on the AX-5/NP207 combo and the AX-5/Np231 combo. It is very tippy with a lifted vehical. My friend used it on the AX-15/NP231 and had lots of trouble keeping it on all four wheels.

Back