• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oxygen sensor replacement: what type?

Headache

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search on the forum, but couldn't find an answer.
I own a '91 XJ 4.0 and what to replace the oxygen sensor. As I have read, Bosch is a common replacement but what type exactly should I buy??

Thanks in advance,
Headache

Headache said:
Bosch is a common replacement but what type exactly should I buy??

Thanks in advance,
Headache

what do you mean type? 2 or 3 wire? person at the parts counter will be able to tell you.

I recently replaced the O2 sensor in my '92 4.0. I got mine at the dealer- a little over 90 bucks with tax. Within a week, I've seen MPG jump up at least 3 to 4 (to about 20, with a good mix of city driving)! Having asked around and looking on the 'net, the consensus is original equipment.

I'm way too cheap to buy a dealer o2 sensor. Mine works fine and I've been getting 20 MPG hwy. Chrysler doesn't have a o2 sensor factory... they buy one from a manufacturer, mark it up, sell it to the dealership, and the dealership marks it up again and sells it to you at some horribly inflated price. :laugh3:

Last edited:
Back