• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

short arm/long arm kit ??

Tims99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '99 xj, with a 3inch lift, 31" MT's, and im just wondering if i would have any benifit with going to something different rather then stock arms. If so, which do you think, just a simple short arm, or go the whole way and get a longarm? I will probably be taking out the 3" lift and going bigger within the next few years................. open to any suggestions!

Thanks

Tims99XJ said:
I have a '99 xj, with a 3inch lift, 31" MT's, and im just wondering if i would have any benifit with going to something different rather then stock arms. If so, which do you think, just a simple short arm, or go the whole way and get a longarm? I will probably be taking out the 3" lift and going bigger within the next few years................. open to any suggestions!

Thanks

Your stock mounted arms are the best solution for 3" of lift - you unlikely have the shock length to justify anything else. If you go bigger, plan the suspension to go with it at that time.

Nay

Back