• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CD/MP3 Player Installation Help... Please?

tellicorick

NAXJA Forum User
The old radio/cassette went "Tango Uniform" on me and I decided to replace with Pioneer 7600 MP3 Player. Problem, the stock (factory) radio bracket is so full of holes on the side, I can't get it to work out; with respect to height and depth of radio in order to put the dash plate back over the instruments.

Anybody out there have an idea of a good (read not universal) installation kit or bracket that will solve my music-less situation.

Tanks

Crutchfield has installation kits and Bestbuys also sells them.

I know you said "not universal", but thats what I used and it fits perfectly. You have to make sure the screws are exactly centered or else you flip down face plate gets blocked up by the dash surround, but it's not that big of a deal.

BTW I have an Aiwa MP3 CD player in my 87 MJ. It seems like a waste of money to buy a $10 kit for just a simple plastic rectangle, but short of fabbing your own contraption, that's what ya gotta do...

Back