• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hook mounting points

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
i am going to make some mounting points for my hooks this weekend i will try to make a bracket for the front similar to rusty's i may even tie the front rails together...
on the rear i plan on making a contraption similar to a small reciever hitch using 2" box tubing and keeping it tucked in behind the bumper(it's going on a '99 classic dd and i want to keep tha purty white bumper) i plan on cutting a hole on each side of the bumper to let the tabs for the tow rings stick thru
it will be mounted like a receiver too so strength shouldn't be an issue

if anyone has tried or suceeded at this any tips would be appreciated as would info on any failures :)

post pics and i'll dance at your weddin'

come on guys, ...i know all of you haven't paid 75 bucks to mount tow hooks on the front of your xj's... or have you?
any comments on the thickness of the metal needed will help
i plan on bolting up under the sway bar mounts and also running it up the side of the "frame" it will be shaped like an angle

pretty easy to do. just include the 3 bumper bracket bolts and the one hole a ways back on the frame rail. weld it up as you see fit.

Back