• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Differences between RE6010 and RE6020

SUBLIME

NAXJA Forum User
the 6010 is the super-flex kit and the 6020 is the super-ride kit. I guess obviously the super-flex gives you better flex, but what ride qualties give the 6020 a better ride? Is the super-ride kit just firmer on the road?

Which one would be safer in a high speed emergency scenario on a highway?

Thanks

SUBLIME said:
the 6010 is the super-flex kit and the 6020 is the super-ride kit. I guess obviously the super-flex gives you better flex, but what ride qualties give the 6020 a better ride? Is the super-ride kit just firmer on the road?

Which one would be safer in a high speed emergency scenario on a highway?

Thanks

the difference between the two lifts is that the super flex kit has joinny joints on the control arms to allow better articulation. the super ride kit has regular bushings similar to those on your OEM control arms. overall, the super ride dampens the road bumps more and the super flex gives you more flex.
as for the high speed scenario, no lift would be good in that case. if you drive on the street more (98%) of the time, then super ride is more comfortable, this doesn't mean it sucks offroad though. it still performs well. the superflex kits are hands down easier to install becuase the joints allow you to bend the control arms more= more flex offroad.
this response is way too long..........

Hey shimmy, could one use a mix of both the super-ride and super-flex control arms in a kit to try to get the best of both world? Example, I want to go with a 6130 Kit 4.5" lift kit on my XJ and use the RE3720 super-ride LACA's. Then for the uppers (since they don't have a super-ride UACA) I will use the RE3780 super-flex UACA's. Would this be a good set up? I would like a nice on-road response to every day driving but still have a decent flex off-road. One more thing, I may decide to go higher one day (maybe 6") so that is why I wanted to use the UACA's but I have heard you can get away with just using the fixed upper ones and lower adjustable ones. What do you think?

2001XJ

yeah, i guess you could mix and match the joints on that setup, but when you go to 6", just remember to buy the RE drop brackets and braces. i run rusty's fixed upper and lower for a 6" lift with drop brackets. this allows my CA angles to be near stock angles, equalling a smoother ride and 8" of lift.
i guess the most important thing, as far as smooth driving, comes from the angle of your control arms... i would just get all super flex joints, then when you ugrade to DB later, the ride will smoothen out some more, plus you have great articulation!

brandon

Brandon,

Thanks for the reply. The only reason I was thinking of going to go with super-ride and super-flex joints instead of super-flex all around is that I wanted to try and cut down on "road noise" and make the ride somewhat "smoother". Do you think this will make any difference whatsoever?

thanks

Yes, the super ride arms will be quieter. You probably won't notice a big difference in ride though. Definately quieter though.

Jared:patriot:

Back