• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum Disco Cover on a Dana 30

prljeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a problem of oil leaking right on top of my vacuum disco housing on the Dana 30- part from the elusive 4.0L oil leak and park from sloppy removals of the oil filter. Anyway the disco unit was covered with about a .25-.5 inch of oily sludge and it had about an inch of sludge in the skid plate under the unit.

Due to this problem I am thinking of fabricating an angled housing that will deflect oil away from the disco unit. There is a bar in there (I like lower control arm???) that runs directly above the unit that looks perfect for placement.

1. Has anyone done this?
2. What bar am I talking about and could I drill into it without weaking anything?

YES, I know fix the oil leak! But I am thinking short term- I only lose a quart about every 2 months (3. Is that bad?)

Ya know if you get rid of all the oil, it will rust :idea: Is there a particular reason you are paranoid about getting oil on the vacuum motor? Have you been having problems? I'm canning my vacuum disco and built a cable actuated system for $25 using all new parts.

Yes, problems galore in that area... I am torn between posi lock and staying stock.

How did you modify or retool a cover and did you switch to a steel fork?

Back