• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift question . . .

GoalPoster

NAXJA Forum User
I’ve got a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport. About six months ago, I got the urge to lift my baby to go mudding and on some backwoods trails.

No rock climbing for me on accounta the terrain around here is flatter than a pancake.

Anyhow, since then, I’ve been putting together somewhat of a hybrid lift predominantly through ‘experienced’ parts that I’ve cleaned up, refurbished where necessary (new bushings, grease fittings, sandblasting, powder coating and/or painting).

I went this way on accounta I’m on a pretty tight budget and that parts here in Ontario are freakin’ expensive when compared to getting them shipped from the U.S.

Besides, I’ve had a gas getting this stuff cleaned up, fixed up and ready to install.

I”ve got Rusty’s 3” coils up front, Rusty’s fixed length lower control arms, Skyjacker adjustable track bar, Explorer Pro Comp ES3000 shocks, AE 859 rims, and Dunlop Radial Rover 31-10.5-15 tires.

I wanted to go with 3” rear spring packs but had no luck on the used parts circuit. So, I picked up a pair of RE 2.5” AALs.

Here’s my question . . . to get the rest of the lift required in the arse end, should I go with shackles or blocks?

I’m figuring the upside of blocks is that I’ll be able to get them tapered to compensate for the lift without having to drop my transfer case. Is this a decent assumption or should I drop the case and go with shackles?

Any advice here would be appreciated as I am preparing to do the install in my driveway in the next few weeks when it warms up a tad.

Back