• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

links to good write up on lift install?

1986xj

NAXJA Forum User
Later this week I am going to start doing the lift install and was wonderin if anyone had some links to some decent write ups?
Since My lift is sort of a mix match of parts I really didn't get any instructions, most of it I think is pretty straight forward but I know the XJ has it's own little quirks and I don't really want too many suprises :scared: as my patience aren't real good here lately.
Here's whats going in OME 934's & JC1's, OME shocks, JKS disco's & Adj lower CA's, RE S/S ext brakelines & greasable shackles, & Kevins HD adj TB conversion.
Up untill now I've been a leaf spring only guy as far as lifts are concerned so the only real concerns I have are with the front coil & CA setup.
Mike B.

Majo said:
PB Blast the hell outta the rear shackles if it's an older xj, and with that everyother bolt.

2 cans so far this week, and 2 little cyl. of mapp gas to heat up all them boogers, oh how I'm praying those top rear shock mounts bolts don't snap.
Mike B.

XJ91 said:
Yucca-Man has a great writup on his site....

World's Longest 2" Jeep Lift

Even though the title say's 2", it has a lot of insight.
Crikey! I've been attributed! :D There's also a 4.5" writeup and a whole lotta other junk in there - thanks for the plug.

Thanks guys those links look to be just what I was looking for.
Mike B.

Go to the Rubicon Express site and look at thier install manuals. They are pretty well done and even tho the parts may be different, the installation will be mostly the same.

Back