• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help Piecing togehter a Lift

Xjdubber

NAXJA Forum User
intostuck.jpg

See that mud just ahead of my truck, it was deeper then my axles are high. So to not get as stuck as i got that time (i got dragged trough for about 15 feet) I was thinking i should lift it 3" but i dont want to pay to much for it. Ive got coils and im gonna get packs from an S10 make up shackles myself, what else do I need. And I was thinking of making my own adj track bar has anyone done this? I have acces to welding, Lathing, milling, cnc plasma machines so i can do a fair bit of fabricating myself (yes i know how to use them too) If you have any sugestions parts you want to sell that would help me please tell me!

this is what happend to my towhook!

towhook.jpg

LOL that looks just like my 90 XJ :)

You are on the right track for 3-4" on the cheap. Mix/match a set of leafs-shims & shackles, coils & maybe short spacers up front. If you can fab up an adjuster to lengthen the TB, fine.

If not done so already, remove the plastic inner fenders & make those sharp seams flat! Your tires will thank you.

Relieve cut the rear edge of the front shock mounts...to allow the LCA to droop more. YJ front lower hoses & dropped hard lines are plenty long.

I have a set of non-adjustable rusty's LCA's that have about 10,000 miles on them. They are the 3-4" lift versions. 40.00 plus shipping and they are yours. I also have 2 sets of coil spring spacers, one 1.5", and one .75 inch. 15.00 dollars a pair. If any of that helps ya out, shoot me a pm.

They are good towhooks they went trough a lot of abuse that day! For the track bar it just needs to become longer right? Thanks for the posts so far its very much apreciated. As for vibes will i run into this problem?

JJ13 youve got PM!

Last edited:
Back