• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TrXus Mud Terrrains??

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out there run Interco TrXus Mud Terrain tires? Any opinions? Good or Bad? Like or DisLike ? Thanks, NICK

I run 'em in 34x12.5 size on a 15x7 rim. I absolutely love them. They are as quiet and handle as well as the BFG AT KO's they replaced, and they ride better (I run them at 25 PSI as opposed to the BFG's, which needed about 31 PSI or higher to handle properly).

The best thing is how good they are in the snow. They are better than the BFG AT's on packed road snow, and of course there is no comparison in deep snow. They are good enough in slick conditions that I got sick of sliding around in the Bridgestone all season tires that came with my new Subaru, and I replaced those with winter performance tires. Offroad, the trXus perform admirably. I have no complaints.

Highly, highly recommended if you need a good road tire, live in a snowy region, and don't want to give up good offroad performance. If you don't live in a snowy region, you might find the MT/R to be a better rock tire, but I'd rather have the trXus for mud and snow.

Nay

I run the equivalent of a 33". I used to run the BFG MT, and the Trxus are a much better tire. They are as good or better in the mud, and they are very quiet on the highway. I just got back from Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, and when I aired down to 15 psi they gripped very well. I didn't have any trouble with them slipping or sliding. They're 8 ply too. I have been impressed with their traction on slick roads.

gmanxj

anybody pushed these to the limit to see how many miles you can get out of them? should they last as long as bfg mt's?

Back