• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Front DriveShaft?

CartsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just wondering who out there has gotten the best deal (price/value) on a front driveshaft. I have a vib in the front end when going 45 or faster, took off the front driveshaft and the vibe went away. So this weekend I checked the actual angle at the pinion and it was with in a degree. Could it be the factory isn't highspeed balanced that well. I checked the joints, CV and at the pinion, look new, no play, but the slip joint has a "little" back and forth play. Just looking for suggestions on what to do, I don't think the slip is rebuildable, but if it is that would be cheaper. So any and all suggestions welcome. TIA

CartsXJ said:
Hey guys, just wondering who out there has gotten the best deal (price/value) on a front driveshaft. I have a vib in the front end when going 45 or faster, took off the front driveshaft and the vibe went away. So this weekend I checked the actual angle at the pinion and it was with in a degree. Could it be the factory isn't highspeed balanced that well. I checked the joints, CV and at the pinion, look new, no play, but the slip joint has a "little" back and forth play. Just looking for suggestions on what to do, I don't think the slip is rebuildable, but if it is that would be cheaper. So any and all suggestions welcome. TIA

You could have that repaired at a shop... that'd be your cheapest bet.
Billy

at what kind of shop, driveshaft shop? Just asking because they are few and far between up here, oh wait, I am not even sure there is on around me. If somebody knows of one in upstate new york, hook me up. Maybe it might be easier just to wiat until I am down in Gainesville, FL next week. Anybody know of a good driveline shop down in that area. TIA

Any play in the u-joints? Did you try greasing it? Make sure grease comes out all of the caps when you grease it. A dry or partially greased shaft can cause some vibes.

Jes

Back