• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS Help

93Coupe

NAXJA Forum User
I have recently installed a 1999 4.0 into my 1990 XJ. Ive gotten most everything hooked but the TPS and am curious if i can wire the new style TPS onto the the old harness. Any help or advice you have will be greatly appreciated.

each of the tps's use three wires, a ground, a reference(.5 volts from computer), and an output wire all you would have to do(i think) would be re wire them to where the specific wires match up ill do a little home work to let you know which is which

alright on the 90(your harness) brown/white-ground, yellow/green-tps output, light blue- reference voltage(5 volts from ecu) on your 99 tps grey=reference, blue=tps output, black =ground im not sure if it will work but give it a try to see

You cannot use a late TPS on a Renix (87 - 90) - it will not work. You need to adapt the early TPS to the HO throttle body. There are several ways to do it and several write UPs on installing a 91+ motor in early XJ's The Renix computer is not compatible with the late OBDII equipment!

Back