• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good setup? (for starters)

Hiaboo

NAXJA Forum User
The jeep i have ('94 country, auto) is my DD and i'd like it to keep it that way. But i'm planning on going offroading in it, nothing extreme and the beach as well.. so I'm goin with these:

3.5" R.E. Super Flex kit, not the add-an-leaf caz i want to replace the rears anyway.

31 BFG AT's on stock rims.

Tranny skidplates and assorted. (i have yet to pick one I like, possibly fabbing one)

and that's pretty much it..

So I wanted to hear you guys' recommendations of what else is needed. I'm considering upgrading the shocks too but, I don't know what. Also will there be any issues with driveline vibs, etc..

You should be ok with that kit and setup. If you do happen to get any driveline vibs, it should be nothing some angled degree shims can't take care of.

You WILL want to get longer shocks for that lift and possibly some longer front brake lines. That kit comes with front swaybar disconnects and I'm not sure the front brake lines will be long enough at full droop. It comes with the longer rear brake line already.

You will also want to pick up an adjustable tracbar to recenter you front axle under the Jeep.

Last edited:
I prefer hydro shocks over the nitro shocks. To me the hydro ones are smoother. I got mine from Rusty's Offroad but I'm sure Rubicon Express offers them also.

good setup with that lift

get adjustable trackbar or redrill the mounting hole on your axle
get longer shocks
get towpoints front and rear
forget the tranny skid unless you got money to burn, but get a tranfer-case skid and a gas tank skid
get swaybar disconnects if you go on trails that need some flex (ie, not beaches)
be prepared to need an SYE and driveshaft
get rock rails

ah yeah, forgot to mention the tow points. yep, will have to look into that, and xjbill, i'll look into that. I'm all set on whatever it needs to get the jeep lookin great... I dunno about the rock rails atm, maybe at a future time (I'm not extactly versed in the fine art of wheeling just yet :))

i have a 2000 sport an also want the 31's and the RE 3.5 inch smooth ride lift kit, mostly road use, but some off road, i think my year mandates a sye kit and shaft also

Hey ,
I just installed the same lift in my 01xj. Nice lift great ride. I have the OME longtravel shocks. With this lift it tells ya to drill the track bar hole over 3/4" you wont need one of those yet.. I do have drive line vibes but I had some when it was stock Upcountry pkg. The Super flex kit has the disconnects already,so that good.
Im looking into a hack and tap and driveshaft. DPG has good prices on a combo H/T and DS.
Good Luck,
Frank

Hey sorry,
DPG=www.dpgoffroad great prices and service
H/T=hack and Tap; instead of paying for a sye kit.you hack off the end of the tailshaft of the tcase so you can put a better D.S= driveshaft with the slip on the drivshaft instead of it slipping on the tailshaft of the transfer case.
= Less driveshaft vibrations
Later,
Frank

Hiaboo said:
I dunno about the rock rails atm, maybe at a future time (I'm not extactly versed in the fine art of wheeling just yet :))

Hence the rock rails.

Back