• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Our Group Run on Moab Rim at the EJS

OT

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, on Sunday April 4th, we'll meet in the Moab grocery store parking lot at 8:00am.

We will be running the Moab Rim trail.

I need someone who knows this trail all the way through to commit as the trail leader. If nobody can take the lead then I'll havta lead and just go by my trail book and wing it.

This is the final thread for our run. All other threads on this subject are now obsolete.

Post here if you're gonna be there.

Thanks

PC-UT-XJ said:
What happened to Golden Spike?
I'll still be there
As was pointed out by others, Golden Spike is a hell of a trail, both in challenge and duration. I figure it may be smarter to run a shorter trail with less opportunity for major damage, although Moab Rim is a 4+ trail and the opportunity will still exist. It makes no difference either way to me, as I haven't run Moab Rim ever and have only run the Poison Spider and Gold Bar Rim potions of Golden Spike, but I am setup for either one.

Who knows, it may come down to a vote the morning of the run in the parking lot. The real purpose of this thread is for everyone to get an idea of how many of us are gonna be there. The actual trail choice is inconsequencial, I just want to see a good showing and have a great time.

Well, I'm 11 days out from leaving for Moab.

As was said before, we will run whatever the group wants to run.

So far, as far as respondants go, these are the folks I hope to expect to see:

PC-UT-XJ
Mark Hinkley ?
FlexyJOE
Jason A-33
logdog
Okie Terry
plus some guests

Anyone else?

You gonna be there Mark?

I'll be out there but won't be able to connect with you guy's. FWIW Moab Rim is a nice trail, you'll like it. I think 4+ is a little over rated as far as difficulty goes, a bit off camber at the beginning and some shelves to climb but nothing to rough for experienced drivers or modified rigs (I wouldn't recomend it for a stockish XJ). Nice view overlooking Moab. Have fun, maybe see ya during the week. TC

I should be in Moab but not ready for a run on Sunday.

Moab rim is fun if you like off camber cliff hanging stuff. :D

Maybe we'll hook up later in the week, I know Joe is going to take us to a top secret trail! :D

BTW, are you meaning to say "City Market" as the meeting place?

mark

Mark Hinkley said:

Maybe we'll hook up later in the week, I know Joe is going to take us to a top secret trail! :D

mark
City Market, that's the name I'm looking for.

Hey Joe, count me in on your super secret trail. Ahem, that is if I'm super secret worthy. Aw hell, I already know I'm worthy.

Mark Hinkley said:

mark

I will only lead to "that" trail, If I get an okay from Dan before we go....Otherwise I wont lead it.....Weren't you with us last year mark??? I thought you were... So I will wait to hear or get a PM from dan on weather or not I lead that run.....

Joe

Okie Terry said:
Ok, on Sunday April 4th, we'll meet in the Moab grocery store parking lot at 8:00am.

We will be running the Moab Rim trail.

I need someone who knows this trail all the way through to commit as the trail leader. If nobody can take the lead then I'll havta lead and just go by my trail book and wing it.

This is the final thread for our run. All other threads on this subject are now obsolete.

Post here if you're gonna be there.

Thanks

Terry, Call me a :spin3: But I am not going to have ANY seat time in my new junk, and I am not too sure 'bout Moab rim.....:) With these super soft coilovers in the rear, they might just make me poopie my pants in off-camber like that.....:)

Joe

FlexyJOE said:
Terry, Call me a :spin3: But I am not going to have ANY seat time in my new junk, and I am not too sure 'bout Moab rim.....:) With these super soft coilovers in the rear, they might just make me poopie my pants in off-camber like that.....:)

Joe
Whatever is the consensus. We'll figure it out Sunday the 4th.

It is totally possible that not everyone is equipped to run a 4+ trail. We may end up on a 4 trail.

FlexyJOE said:

Joe

Gay wossie boy!

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
Gay wossie boy!

hinkley

And why wont YOU be ready to wheel on sunday???? Oh yeah, That LONG, uncomfortable ride to moab with no a/c, not going over 55 and that awful whistling noise from the window , right??? I see. Dont worry, I have a strap when you need it.....:)

Joe

Well, I'm riding out to Moab with TC. I see he has other plans for that day, but I want to ride with as many different people as I can. I may come with you guys if I can find a open seat. The Rim is one of my favorites and I'd be more than happy to co pilot with whoever is the lead vehicle on the trail. Oh yeah, I'm running that trail no matter what. I'm not telling anyone where it is though.

OneTonXJ said:
Well, I'm riding out to Moab with TC. I see he has other plans for that day, but I want to ride with as many different people as I can. I may come with you guys if I can find a open seat. The Rim is one of my favorites and I'd be more than happy to co pilot with whoever is the lead vehicle on the trail. Oh yeah, I'm running that trail no matter what. I'm not telling anyone where it is though.
I'll be there till thursday so we can hit whatever, whenever you want.

I never say never :), who knows what we'll end up doing, we'll have PLENTY of time to toss it around on the drive out :). Moab Rim is a neat trail and three of the guy's going out have never been to Moab so they're open to pretty much anything. I'll offer my input but will go with the flow since Ive been there several times. My main agenda is to show them a good time while still having something in one piece to make the long trip home. If you need to hook up someone else we shouldn't have any problem shutteling yer ass around. I'm easy. ( no wait, you're Easy right?). Be sure to bring along any CD's ya want unless you want to listen to 24 hours of my new Dean Martin's Greatest hits on 8-track. This might be interesting. TC

Back