• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another long arm question.

shelbyluvv

NAXJA Forum User
I am running a Rockkrawler LA setup. It is the Gen II system. Which has the drivers side upper LA and a ball replacement joint on the axle tube. Which I keep breaking. I like the looks of the TJ RE long arms (tri link) But I have heard that they will twist the front axle tube. Is there any truth to this? There is a guy here locally that will build me the tri link setup for $180. If the tri link design is that good I will just go to that and sell my RK junk, both gen I and gen II front systems.

XJANDREWNH said:
i thought the gen 2 stuff had a bracket on the axle an a krawler joint on the frame side
It does. I just keep breaking the joint on the axle side. The joint is bolted together with these really small bolts. I have sheared the heads off 3 times now. Looking for a more depenable set-up.

I'm intrested in seeing how the TJ LAs do with the Clayton crossmember too. There is a guy on here who did it, but I think he is on a trip for a few weeks.

I am also wondering about the Full Tractions LA setup.

Back